Take 4 days off work to enjoy an 11 day break!
The perfect opportunity to enjoy time to relax, explore, indulge and inspire! Stay a few days at Pier One and have an incredible harbourside getaway, with so many things to do right on our doorstep. Why not shop, sightsee and sip cocktails on the pier? Or indulge your creativity in the many festivals taking place.
There’s definitely no shortage of things to do in Sydney, but if you’re in need of inspiration for the Easter, ANZAC long weekend or April holidays, read on for some of our favourite things to see and discover in Sydney this April.
Enjoy Sydney’s Bars & Restaurants
There’s a lot to drink and eat in Sydney with a world class food scene and incredible bars.
- At Pier One Sydney Harbour we have our own fabulous Bar One, with comfy water side booths on the Pier, and a cocktail lounge, with views of Sydney’s incredible Harbour plus Archie Rose cocktails and an expertly picked list of local wines.
- The Gantry Restaurant is our Hickson Road hero, open for a limited time preview season with new Head Chef, Rhys Connell. The Gantry offers relaxed fine dining within Pier One’s own walls. Request a table by the water and choose from a refined menu of modern Australian classics. This April, enjoy premium seafood by the water such as Tasmanian Rock Lobster, oysters, tuna, caviar and more.
- Maybe Sammy: Behind the bar at Maybe Sammy is world-class, award-winning bartender, Andrea Gualdi, just FYI. While this venue could have easily fit in the “feeling a bit fancy” category, Maybe Sammy is the bar to visit if you feel like dabbling in a number of concoctions. A good way to achieve that? Opt for a few of its half-pour cocktails. Half the price, double the amount of options.
Biennale of Sydney
Right next door at Pier 2/3 and just a few minutes walk down our road to The Cutaway, you can experience stunning Exhibits as part of the anticipated Biennale of Sydney 2022.
Image credit: Biennale of Sydney
ACO – Opening Festival
We’re partnering with The Australian Chamber Orchestra to help celebrate the opening of their new location at Pier 2/3 in Walsh Bay Art & Culture precinct with a three-day festival of live concerts, talks, family shows and more, 29 April – 1 May.
Joining the festival includes the likes of William Barton, Slava Grigoryan, Tamara-Anna Cislowska, Jimmy Barnes, filmmaker Jane Campion, poet, musician and artist Omar Musa, and actors from the Sydney Theatre Company.
Walks & Parks Nearby
- Royal Botanic Gardens: Sydney’s beautiful Royal Botanic Gardens are a must visit for anyone dropping into Sydney! The heritage-listed gardens take up 74 acres of the CBD and offer plenty of lush nooks and crannies to explore. Take a free walk with one of the volunteer guides, go on an Aboriginal Heritage tour, enjoy high tea at The Calyx (the Gardens’ futuristic event space and cafe) or simply spend time learning about and walking among over 1000 native and exotic plants, collected over centuries. The Gardens are only 1.5 kilometres from the Pier One Sydney Harbour, so making your journey via foot is what we’d suggest.
- Barangaroo Reserve: At just a 10-minute walk from Pier One, Barangaroo Reserve makes for the perfect spot for a quick dip into nature. The reserve is a beautiful foreshore park, with a unique view of the Harbour, transformed from an old industrial site to a rocky, grassy place for people to picnic among native landscaping.
- Darling Harbour: Just past Barangaroo is Darling Harbour, filled with local visitor attractions, bars and restaurants, parks and more. Jump on a ferry and hop on and off around the inner harbour when you have had enough walking! Or, take a Water Taxi directly to Pier One Sydney Harbour from Darling Harbour – your water taxi can pull up to our own private pontoon
Arts & Theatre around the Harbour
- See a show by the Sydney Theatre Company – the Roslyn Packer Theatre and newly renovated Wharf Theatre are just minutes walk from the Hotel
- Visit the Museum of Contemporary Art at Circular Quay, also a short walk from Pier One
- Browse a gallery: all close by to Pier One, you’ll find the Seductive Art Gallery, the ATTY Gallery, Gannon House Gallery, and Billich Art Gallery
- Try a walking tour of the Sydney Opera House and see the inside of often unseen spaces within our famous icon