There’s definitely no shortage of things to do in Sydney, but if you’re in need of inspiration for the Easter long weekend or April holidays, read on for some of our favourite things to see and discover in Sydney.
Walks & Parks Nearby:
- Royal Botanic Gardens: Sydney’s beautiful Royal Botanic Gardens are a must visit for anyone dropping into Sydney! The heritage-listed gardens take up 74 acres of the CBD and offer plenty of lush nooks and crannies to explore. Take a free walk with one of the volunteer guides, go on an Aboriginal Heritage tour, enjoy high tea at The Calyx (the Gardens’ futuristic event space and cafe) or simply spend time learning about and walking among over 1000 native and exotic plants, collected over centuries. The Gardens are only 1.5 kilometres from the Pier One Sydney Harbour, so making your journey via foot is what we’d suggest.
- Barangaroo Reserve: At just a 10-minute walk from Pier One, Barangaroo Reserve makes for the perfect spot for a quick dip into nature. The reserve is a beautiful foreshore park, with a unique view of the Harbour, transformed from an old industrial site to a rocky, grassy place for people to picnic among native landscaping.
- Darling Harbour: Just past Barangaroo is Darling Harbour, filled with local visitor attractions, bars and restaurants, parks and more. Jump on a ferry and hop on and off around the inner harbour when you have had enough walking! Or, take a Water Taxi directly to Pier One Sydney Harbour from Darling Harbour – your water taxi can pull up to our own private pontoon.
Book a Harbour Discovery at Pier One:
Our best value package! Planning your next Sydney escape? Discover the perfect holiday on the Harbour. Enjoy an exceptional stay at Pier One Sydney Harbour with stunning views and an iconic location. Book the Harbour Discovery Package and enjoy:
- Two nights accommodation in a newly renovated, stylish Heritage Room
- A bottle of wine on arrival
- $100 credit to use on food & drinks throughout your stay
From $499 for two nights!
Use Promo Code: L9Z
Enjoy Sydney’s Best Bars & Restaurants:
There’s a lot to drink and eat in Sydney with a world class food scene and incredible bars.
- At Pier One Sydney Harbour we have our own fabulous Bar One, with comfy water side booths on the Pier, and a cocktail lounge, with views of Sydney’s incredible Harbour plus Archie Rose cocktails and an expertly picked list of local wines.
- The Gantry Restaurant is our Hickson Road hero, offers relaxed fine dining within Pier One’s own walls. Request a table by the water and choose from a refined menu of modern Australian classics. This April, enjoy our very own Easter Egg dessert, a grown-up tribute to the classic Creme Egg by our own hatted Chef.
- Hotel Palisade: Feeling fancy? Say no more. Hotel Palisade has you covered, namely its rooftop bar Henry Deane. The vibe is (and literally feels) lush, the 360-degree view spectacular, the drink to order? Rising Sun. It’ Roku gin, umeshu, lemon myrtle, grape kombucha and sloe gin. Just up the road from Pier One Sydney Harbour.
- Maybe Sammy: Behind the bar at Maybe Sammy is world-class, award-winning bartender, Andrea Gualdi, just FYI. While this venue could have easily fit in the “feeling a bit fancy” category, Maybe Sammy is the bar to visit if you feel like dabbling in a number of concoctions. A good way to achieve that? Opt for a few of its half-pour cocktails. Half the price, double the amount of options.
- The Lord Nelson Brewery Hotel: Sydney’s oldest continually licensed hotel still knows how to put on a show. Located in the historic Rocks precinct just nearby, it serves its own brews behind the bar (we love the malty Victory’s Bitter) and a sharp pub menu with steaks accompanied by cafe dé Paris butter and kingfish served in a Himalayan-spiced curry
Arts & Theatre around the Harbour
- See a show by the Sydney Theatre Company – the Roslyn Packer Theatre and newly renovated Wharf Theatre are just minutes walk from the Hotel
- Visit the Museum of Contemporary Art at Circular Quay, also a short walk from Pier One
- Browse a gallery: all close by to Pier One, you’ll find the Seductive Art Gallery, the ATTY Gallery, Gannon House Gallery, and Billich Art Gallery
- Try a walking tour of the Sydney Opera House and see the inside of often unseen spaces within our famous icon