At Pier One, we think that one Valentine’s Day is just not enough! We’re making February a whole month to celebrate love in all it’s forms: “Galentine’s Day” with your gal pals, a gents night out, a romantic escape with your loved on, a doggy degustation with your beloved pooch, a Mardi Gras cocktail on the pier under the iconic Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Read on for our top suggestions for enjoying this Month of Love…
Dine water side at The Gantry
The Gantry is our Hickson Road hero, offers relaxed fine dining within Pier One’s own walls. Request a table by the water and enjoy our special 4 or 6 course menu, plus our famous Chocolate pill dessert has taken on a Ruby chocolate twist. Enjoy a long lunch in the sunshine, or an intimate dinner. Book here!
A harbour walk followed by cocktails at Pier One
At Pier One Sydney Harbour we have our own fabulous Bar One, with comfy water side booths on the Pier, and a cocktail lounge, with views of Sydney’s incredible Harbour plus Archie Rose cocktails and an expertly picked list of local wines.
- Wendy Whiteley Gardens: The most magical garden in Sydney is arguably Wendy Whiteley’s. Jump on a train at Circular Quay (Just 1km from Pier One), hop off at Milsons Point Station, take a few left and right turns and you’re there. Wendy created the garden while she was grieving the loss of her late husband, famous Australian painter Brett Whiteley. The garden is heavenly. Pack a picnic basket and explore the curving pathways and hidden sculptures. If you’ve got a good book, settle in at one of the benches under a leafy canopy and forget you’re in the city at all.
- Royal Botanic Gardens: Sydney’s beautiful Royal Botanic Gardens are a must visit for anyone dropping into Sydney! The heritage-listed gardens take up 74 acres of the CBD and offer plenty of lush nooks and crannies to explore. Take a free walk with one of the volunteer guides, go on an Aboriginal Heritage tour, enjoy high tea at The Calyx (the Gardens’ futuristic event space and cafe) or simply spend time learning about and walking among over 1000 native and exotic plants, collected over centuries. The Gardens are only 1.5 kilometres from the Pier One Sydney Harbour, so making your journey via foot is what we’d suggest.
- Barangaroo Reserve: At just a 10-minute walk from Pier One, Barangaroo Reserve makes for the perfect spot for a quick dip into nature. The reserve is a beautiful foreshore park, with a unique view of the Harbour, transformed from an old industrial site to a rocky, grassy place for people to picnic among native landscaping.
Pamper your Pooch
Reserve a February getaway for you and your pup and treat your best friend to the very best at Pier One Sydney Harbour! The ultimate dog-friendly getaway awaits at our Sydney hotel. Reserve your stay on the Puppy Package to enjoy these tail-wagging perks.
- Overnight accommodation in a Water View Room
- Receive a doggy welcome amenity on arrival
- Use of premium Furf food bowl and water bowl during your stay
- Use of luxury, eco-friendly P.L.A.Y. dog bed
- Direct access to the pier from your room (subject to availability)
EXTRAS FOR YOUR PUP:
- Enjoy the in-room doggy minibar (charged on consumption)
- Spoil your pup with our dog-friendly in-room dining menu (charged on consumption)
- Take your pup to The Gantry Restaurant for a Doggy Degustation in the outdoor dining area (charged on consumption)
Talk a stroll along the pier overlooking water views of Walsh Bay and Sydney Harbour. Our boutique hotel lets you relax in style while admiring unmatched harbour views. With modern amenities, ideal location and delicious Australian cuisine, you’ll never forget your stay.