New Year’s Eve Competition Terms and Conditions
1. This Contest will be governed by these standard terms and conditions, and accompanying Contest Details (collectively the “Terms”). Each entrant agrees that he/she has read and understood these Terms and by their participation in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Terms.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over.
3. The Organizer of the Contest is Pier One Sydney Harbour Hotel (11 Hickson Road, Walsh Bay, Sydney NSW 2000) (“Organizer”) which shall be solely responsible for the execution and administration of this Contest.
4. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
5. Promotional Period: The Promotion commences at 08:30 AEST on 11 December 2018 and closes at Midnight AEST on 20 December 2018.
6. At the commencement of the promotion, the Promoter will upload a promotional post to Pier One Sydney Harbour Instagram and Pier One Sydney Harbour Facebook accounts.
7. To enter, individuals must complete the following steps during the Promotion Period:
a) Visit the Pier One Sydney Harbour Instagram or Facebook page and like or follow the page;
b) Comment on the promotional post telling us, “’Who would you bring to the New Year’s Eve party and why?”
c) Entrants must then tag another three people in the comment
8. There is no limit to the amount of entries a participant can submit. Account visibility must be set to Public to be deemed a valid entry. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received.
9. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. The four best and most creative entries as deemed by Pier One Sydney Harbour will be chosen.
10. The one winning entry, as determined by the judges, will receive 4 tickets to the 2018 New Year’s Eve event at Pier One Sydney Harbour, with a total RRP of $1996.00 AUD. The prize does not include transport to or from the venue.
11. The organizer is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
12. No cash alternative to the prize will be offered. The prize is not transferable. Prize is subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
13. The winner will be decided by the hotel and will be notified by Instagram private message or Facebook private message. Tickets will be emailed to the winner, which they must present upon arrival to the event.
14. If the winner cannot be contacted, or does not claim the prize within two days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
15. The organizer’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final.
16. The organizer reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice or in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control.
17. By entering the Contest, each participant agrees that:
i) any and all personal data submitted may be collected, used and/or disclosed to Pier One Sydney Harbour and Club Marriott for various purposes, including to communicate with the participant for purposes related to the Contest, to provide goods and services to the participant upon request, and such other purposes Pier One Sydney Harbour and Club Marriott may reasonably deem appropriate, or in relation to which the participant has otherwise provided Pier One Sydney Harbour and Club Marriott with consent;
ii) The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, including the photographs or audio-video or other recordings of these participants (“Material”) for publicity and/or use in advertisements across all media, including, without limitation, in Pier One Sydney Harbour and Club Marriott’s publications, presentations, promotional materials on their websites or social media platforms, in its original or edited format, and whether to promote the Contest / Lucky Draw or otherwise without further notification, remuneration or compensation; and
iii) The copyright and all other intellectual property rights in and to all Material shall vest solely and absolutely in Pier One Sydney Harbour and Club Marriott without further compensation.
18. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to Pier One Sydney Harbour and Club Marriott and not to any other party.