Waterview Conference Centre Sydney
Hold your next corporate event at Pier One Sydney Harbour waterview convention centre in Sydney and show your clients and customers that you mean business…
Let Pier One Sydney Harbour take care of all your conference needs with our business convention venues located alongside the beautiful Sydney Harbour and Walsh Bay with a stunning waterview. The convention centre in Sydney has a variety of day conferences and meeting packages to suit your needs.
At Pier One Sydney Harbour, we understand how time consuming organising it can be to organise a conference and the upmost importance of getting every detail just right. With our years of experience in organising successful business conferences and conventions, we can help create a memorable event in Sydney.
There are several benefits of hiring Pier One Sydney Harbour, the premier waterview convention centre in Sydney:
- Location: The hotel provides the best of both worlds; it is centrally located in the Sydney CBD and the financial hub of Sydney for convenience but is also located in close proximity and walking distance of iconic attractions such as the Harbour Bridge, Opera House, The Rocks Precinct and Darling Harbour.
- Meeting Venues: Our waterview convention centre in Sydney has meetings rooms all with a spectacular backdrop of the beautiful Sydney Harbour and Walsh Bay. The meeting rooms are ideal for conferences, product launches, information seminars and cocktail receptions and can cater for up to 440 guests.
- Conference Facilities: We have state of the art business conference facilities and audio visual equipment and a highly experienced technical support team. We can provide all levels of support from providing secretarial services to organising team building exercises and pre and post conference activities.
- Catering: Our catering is second to none and we can provide all levels of catering starting from simply providing morning and afternoon tea through to hosting corporate breakfasts and providing lunch, dinner and post conference drinks. Our catering is explained in further detail in our Sydney Conferences & Meetings Packages.
- Accommodation: We have a wide variety of well appointed luxury hotel rooms all with either stunning views of Walsh Bay, Sydney Harbour or the city skyline. High speed internet access, voice mail and data points are available in all guest rooms.
- Hotel Facilities: As well as high speed internet access available in all guest rooms and wireless internet access available in certain public areas of the hotel, we have a 24 hour business centre with internet access, secretarial services, a courier and photocopying services.
Our experienced events team are on hand to help you develop a unique conference and meeting program at our waterview convention centre in Sydneythat helps you fulfil your business brief. For more information make an online conference or meeting enquiry or please contact our friendly and professional Pier One Sydney Harbour Event Coordinators on +61 2 8298 9999.
Major Facilities You Need For A Constructive Meeting
What are the major facilities you need for a meeting? Pier One Sydney Harbour provides an ideal venue with a range of facilities and equipment to run a constructive and professional event…
When taking part or hosting a meeting there are a range of facilities and equipment you’ll need for yourself and those attending, so that everything can be displayed professionally and so the event can be constructive. This applies to both large and small meetings.
The following list is not exhaustive and doesn’t apply to every situation, but it is a good starting point listing a range of basic things you’ll probably need for a successful event, and it will assist you to develop new ideas for your own event…
Writing Equipment and Stationary
If you have laptops, or your guests can bring laptops, that is great, but having a basic amount of stationary on hand to jot down ideas is fundamental for meetings and conferences. In more creative and technical fields this is even more important, especially if sketches or technical drawings need to be made.
The foundation of many meetings has been based around the flip board; a simple stand and adjoining paper or whiteboard. This allows whoever has the room, to talk and jot down ideas in such a way that they can discuss and present them to the rest of the group.
Next up from the flip board is projector equipment. When connected to a PC, it can work in the same way as the flip board, but can also present videos and slideshows created from computer software. Again this is very important for technical and creative fields.
Audio and Visual Equipment
Not everyone can be present at a meeting that needs to be. The next best option is video or teleconferencing where the outside guest can take part through the telephone or over the internet using video equipment. This requires everyone to have the right software, so using the phone is often a preferred choice, although it can be less personal than with video.
Often in a meeting you may need to play a DVD or video to the rest of the group, and thus some kind of TV display with VHS or DVD equipment might be needed. If it can be made into a digital file, the above projector idea can be used instead.
Most meetings require people not only to talk and watch, but to take notes or demonstrate models or products. Adequate table space is therefore needed. The same goes for seating. It is a good idea to have comfortable seating, because if somebody is uncomfortable it can – and will – have a negative effect on the actual meeting itself.
If the meeting is long and has break periods, you should be near rest room facilities and in some cases food and leisure facilities. At the very least a toilet and a vending machine should be nearby.
There are lots of other things you can use and bring to meetings and conferences. It all depends on your business and the number of people attending, but the above list should help you go in the right direction.
Pier One Sydney Harbour prides itself in offering the highest standard in meeting venues and facilities. For more information make an online conference or meeting enquiry or please contact our friendly and professional Pier One Sydney Harbour Meeting and Events team on +61 2 8298 9999.